Monday, March 11, 2013


"Admit something:
Everyone you see, you say to them, “Love me.”
Of course you do not do this out loud, otherwise
Someone would call the cops.
Still, though, think about this, this great pull in us to connect.
Why not become the one who lives with a
Full moon in each eye that is always saying,
With that sweet moon language, what every other eye in
This world is dying to hear?"

Hafiz 14th century Persian Poet



I came across this poem today. I feel so 'cliche' when I admit that I love a full moon and I always follow the calendar of the exact dates the full moon falls upon.  I have always concluded that I love it because the world is illuminated in darkness just for a few days.  I treasure anytime that I feel illuminated in darkness.   Ansel has been tracking the moon in his class this month and it has been fun.  It is one of those experiences that reminds me of what an absolute miracle this world of our is.    I am in love with our universe.  I love you, universe.    

1 comment:

  1. I love to follow the wax and wane of the moon too. I also keep my kids updated- especially my 10 year old who has been convincing himself and others that he is a werewolf.

    ReplyDelete