Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ansel's 9th Birthday....March 6th

Ansel gave us no clue as to what he wanted for his birthday, if he wanted a party or a cake, or where he wanted to go for dinner.  We primed the pump with evocations for several weeks to no avail.  Finally, two days before his birthday,  his wishes came gushing forth at a healthy rate per minute.

"I am going to have a party on Thursday.  I talked to all my friends and they all said that Thursday works for them.  We are going to go play laser tag and then have ice cream and pizza and watch a movie.  I don't want a cake.  I want Krispie Kreme donuts in my classroom and here is a list of things
I want to get."

Wow.  If he is going to plan his own birthday party, I will give him all the Krispy Kremes in the world.

Despite my annoyance at the 11th hour decisions, I was grateful that his desires were fairly simple.




 Tom Sawyer and Awkward Pet Photo Calendar


 A Pen that Shocks you when you try to use it.  
 Emmy and Ansel laugh as Savanna gives it a go



 Skylander Giants
 Ansel gets a close up view of the gift



New Tennis Balls that actually bounce

Just because I love the look on his face


 Gonzaga T-Shirt



 His favorite......a coupon book made by Emmy, filled with promises such as being his slave for a day, teaching him to do something, cleaning his room, letting him pick the movie they watch, etc. etc.  Ansel's language of love is definitely time. 




 Again, just because I love his smile


 Headphones

 His second favorite gift.....A promise for a drawing of his choice from Savanna



 His doughnut cake....my favorite part of his birthday.








 His last request of the day:
"Mom, do you know what my ultimate birthday wish is?"
"What?"
"To make the most disgusting drink I can make"
"May your wildest wishes come true.  Go for it."


 PART II:  THE FRIEND PARTY


All you need is $1 dollars worth of dry ice and some rootbeer and you can make any boy happy









 One movie and one round of laser tag later............






 I love 9 yr. old boys.  They are so easy to please.  It at least puts a dent in the counterbalancing of how impossible it is to please a 15 yr. old girl.






1 comment:

  1. 1. Happy Belated Birthday, Ansel!
    2. I think his smile is pretty cute, too.
    3. I love that his favorite gifts are the homemade ones from his sisters. He's got some great sisters.
    4. Seriously, you leave us hanging by not telling us what he ended up putting in his Most Disgusting Drink?

    ReplyDelete